Ukuleles Canberra

Helping develop the ukulele community in Australia's national capital, Canberra.

Friday, April 06, 2007

 

A Canberra Ukulele Community?

Posted by Picasa
Hi, my name is Steve Matheson, pictured (on the left) with the inimitable Mike Jackson. I am a 53 year old Canberra-based public administrator, married with 2 children and a grandson.

Over the last 12 months I have become a ukulele enthusiast!

And after attending Mike Jackson's Beginner Ukulele Workshop at the National Folk Festival in Canberra on 6 April 2007, along with nearly 100 other would-be ukulele players, I thought it worth checking what interest there is in developing the ukulele community in Canberra.

Now I'm not even sure that there aren't already Canberra-based ukulele interest groups. If there are, I am certainly interested in finding out and joining forces! If not, then perhaps we can get something going!

So if you are interested being part of the ukulele community in Canberra:

* to learn to play
* to pass on ukulele skills or knowledge you already have
* to participate in workshops and/or group performances
* or to just join in the fun of it all


then please let me know (stevematheson@grapevine.com.au) and/or post a message on this blogsite with a question, suggestion or details of a ukulele resource you reckon others will appreciate. As soon as 20 or so of you have surfaced, we can look at a time to meet and discuss next steps, and strum a ukulele or two while we're at it!

ooo000OOO000ooo

Comments:
Hi Steve

Suggestion for a name: CUE (Canberra Ukelele Ensemble).

regards

Paul
 
Mike Jackson's has chipped in with CHUG - Canberra's Happy Ukulele Group.

Canberra's Happy Ukulele Music Society (CHUMS) may strike a chord for some!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

April 2007   May 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?